Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Being a Christian... Just do it!

   
I mean, for crying out loud, Jesus had been gone for years before they started writing anything!  With all that walking he did, he was never anywhere for very long, so what would people have  remembered about him, and what would they have have remembered him saying? The stuff the gospel writers wrote down must have been the stuff they remembered him saying over and over and over again.

     I can't see that they remembered Jesus saying anything about a "sinner's prayer," or about joining a church membership, or about enrolling in a program.  It seems to me that what they remembered (the stuff he must have said to them, and to everyone else everywhere he went) over and over again was stuff like "follow me," "love one another," ........ just do it as you've seen me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment