Monday, January 14, 2013

Why am I Gay? I just don't know!

     To this very day, I can think of only one person among my peers while growing up through elementary, middle, and high school who is also Gay.  But, I did not find out that he was Gay until twenty-plus years later after I had moved away from the town where we knew each other.  I never suspected that he was Gay.  I didn't think of myself as Gay, although I knew that I had been attracted to guys and wanted to fall in love with a guy ever since my elementary school days.  The point that I am making is that, as I said at the beginning of this paragraph, I never knowingly knew any Gay guys until I was in my thirties.  

     I cannot, for the life of me, think of any person, people, or situations that could have influenced me towards being Gay.  Every person, all the people, all situations around me were blatantly anti-gay.  I know of no one in my family (immediate and extended) who is Gay.

     Why I am gay, I don't know.  I just don't know.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment