Saturday, March 30, 2013

Going back to Habersham County.... full circle?

What will be different about Habersham County, Georgia?  One reason for why I left there, back in 1979, was to try to fix something.  Well, I tried, and tried, and tried.  Finally, after years and years, I concluded nothing was broke and, so, nothing needed to be fixed.  I left as a single gay man.  I'm returning as a single gay man.  

Well, there's a Walmart there now!  There are a few popular fast food restaurants -- McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Captain D's, just to name a few -- now.  The county's population is now somewhere around 20,000 (I think that's what I heard my dad say).  

My primary reason for going back is to be near my parents.  Mom wants me to "come home."  Really, I hope I am "going home."   Hopefully, I'll be able to find a job soon, find a gym where I'll enjoy working out, and simply live in peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment