Saturday, February 16, 2013

I don't want to be part of a "Gay Church."

I don't want to be a part of a "Gay Church."  What I want is to be a part of a church that has Gays in it who are welcomed and affirmed and worships the way I like to worship.

I don't want to be on a "Gay Bowling League."  What I'd like is to be on a bowling league that has some Gays in it who are welcomed and are never bashed.

I don't want to live in a "Gay Neighborhood."  What I want is to simply live in a regular town / city where there are some Gay people who flow in the main stream.

I don't want to be where everything is Gay, Gay, Gay.  Gay, Gay, Gay is simply too unreal and, in many ways, too suffocating for me.  What I want is to be where I can simply to be true to myself and everyone around me, and where I can mix and mingle with all sort of people in a natural way.


Don't misunderstand me!  Gay churches, Gay bowling leagues, Gay bars, Gay neighborhoods, Gay (this and that) have been saving graces for people in need of places where they can safely socialize.  I'm glad I found a few of them in my own lifetime.  Enough said!

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to be part of a "White Church."

    I don't want to be a part of a "White Church." What I want is to be a part of a church that has Whites in it who are welcomed and affirmed and worships the way I, a gay person, like to worship.

    I don't want to be on a "White Bowling League." What I'd like is to be on a bowling league that has some Whites in it who are welcomed and are never bashed.

    I don't want to live in a "White Neighborhood."

    What I want is to simply live in a regular town / city where there are some White people who flow in the main stream.

    I don't want to be where everything is White, White, White.

    White, White, White is simply too unreal and, in many ways, too suffocating for me. What I want is to be where I can simply to be true to myself, a gay person, and everyone around me, and where I can mix and mingle with all sort of people in a natural way.


    Don't misunderstand me! White churches, White bowling leagues, White bars, White neighborhoods, White (this and that) have been saving graces for White people in need of places where they can safely socialize. I'm glad I found a few of them in my own lifetime. Enough said!

    Thank God it's no longer the '50s. White, White, White everywhere is just so backward.

    note: emphasis added.

    ReplyDelete